Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give thanks in ALL circumstances

Yesturday I got laid off from my job.

It was one of those moments where you don't know whether to laugh, cry, scream or jump for joy. To me it was all of the above. I knew for awhile now that something needed to change, but when a change like this happens so fast, I don't know if i was ready for it or not. 
I went home with such a confused mental state and no sense of what to do next. 

You know the saying, the light of the morning sun after a nights sleep brings new clarity to any situation? Well I got to experience this first hand this morning after reading my daily devotional plan on my Youverse Bible app, which clearly stated this scripture from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -



I tell you friends, this scripture gave me new hope this morning. A new sense of peace, encouragement and faith. 

It might seem very simple to others but to me, it spoke LOUD into my soul. Sometimes, you just need to smile in light of a bad situation because this usually means it is the turning point of where God is bringing better into our lives. 

I do not know where I will be in the next few days, never mind the next year, but i do know that I have a husband and a son to live for and a bright future ahead. Just like the status I posted on Facebook last night, God NEVER makes mistakes. He has a perfect plan for our life,  which we have no control over and will always bring  good to his children who trust and have faith in him.

Be encouraged ladies and have faith.. and in everything, have joy in ALL of your circumstances! 

Light always comes in the morning...


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your job, but t I do believe the universe speaks to us when we need it to and it sounds like you are definitely open to receiving the message. You have such a positive and resilient attitude that I cant wait to see what blessings come your way. I am confident things will work out. What I’m really trying to say here is: congratulations on your exciting life change.

    ReplyDelete