Saturday, February 1, 2014

The NEW Working Girl (or should I say Mama)

It's funny how when you are experiencing an emotion or feeling or life occurrence, you usually fall upon a blog post/blog that automatically resonates with your exact feelings that moment. I believe It must be that "Blog-sphere" magic!

Some of you might know, in early December I lost by job due to downsizing (I am a recruiter by day, blogger/shop owner/busy-momma by night), which I was devastated by but of course, tried to make the best of it. I continued to think positive, cherish the time I got to spend with my son and hubby and also working on my store launch (still in progress!). I also continued to send out resumes to roles that I ACTUALLY wanted to get, not just to anything for means of income.

Well, couple days ago, I got the best news I could have received... I got the JOB!!!!

As of mid-February, I will be working in a large investment firm as their Corporate Recruiter for their Canadian Offices. I am so thankful to have landed this amazing opportunity to bless not only me but my family as well.

After really digesting the news and my complete excitement and happiness, I came across this amazing blog called "The Working Girl" by Sydney Roberts. She recently launched her re-branded site and I am so happy to have found it!

I quickly fell in love with the mission of her blog; to motivate young girl professionals with career advice, style tips of looking the part at work and living a healthy balanced life. This blog is EXACTLY what I need now to help me get back into the swing of things!

I found this perfect little saying on her about me page and had to share with you all:


This pretty much sums up the type of woman I want to be. I know that it won't be easy to balance life as a busy professional, mama, blogger and shop owner, but I am definitely willing to try! I admire her  post called "Happy New Year" where she speaks about her truthful journey she's on with her career, future goals and how far she's come. It definitely spoke to me about my own journey I'm on and that I should look forward to the new path God has placed my me on.

I have a lot more goals to reach and accomplishments to make happen this year, but I will do them without the least bit of fear!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for you! I knew that the layoff had the potential to be a blessing. I’m thrilled for your big news and will have to check Sydney’s blog out.

    ReplyDelete